A Companion to Roman Religion
- J�rg R�pke
- 9.9 X 7.21 X 1.89 inches
- 2.58 pounds
- History > Ancient - Rome
- An innovative introduction to Roman religion
- Approaches the field with a focus on the human-figures instead of the gods
- Analyzes religious changes from the eighth century BC to the fourth century AD
- Offers the first history of religious motifs on coins and household/everyday utensils
- Presents Roman religion within its cultural, social, and historical contexts
Jörg Rüpke is vice-director and permanent fellow in religious studies at the Max Weber Center for Advanced Cultural and Social Studies at the University of Erfurt, Germany, and has been a visiting professor at the Collège de France, Princeton University, and the University of Chicago. His many books include On Roman Religion and From Jupiter to Christ.
In January 2012, Rüpke was appointed by German Federal President Christian Wulff to the German Council of Science and Humanities.
Source: Princeton University Press
Community reviewsWrite a Review
No Community reviews