Demystifying Research for Medical and Healthcare Students: An Essential Guide
- John L Anderson
- Medical > Epidemiology
All healthcare students need to understand research methods to be able to understand research articles and to actively engage in research where necessary. Most clinical programs include research training within their courses, and many students are required to undertake an assessed research project--both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Breaking down the jargon barriers of research methods, and designed for those new to the world of research, Demystifying Research is a straightforward and highly accessible guide to fundamental research methods, approaches, and skills.
This student-friendly resource describes quantitative and qualitative research approaches, mixed research methods, research ethics and governance, research skills and more. Step-by-step, students learn to appraise research in scholarly articles, design a project, and conduct research in the lab, in clinical practice, and other real-life situations. Technical jargon and classic research are explained in plain English, while relevant theory is illustrated through relatable examples of research in practice. Designed to make learning about research easy, this valuable guide:
- Explains basic research methods in a direct and engaging style
- Breaks research methods down into manageable, easy-to-digest pieces
- Defines what research is, and provides an overview of its methods and methodologies
- Covers all key areas of research, including observational and experimental approaches, and clinical trials
- Includes real-life examples of successful student research projects
- Features a companion website containing self-assessment tests, multiple-choice questions, further readings, and additional learning resources
Demystifying Research is a must-have for undergraduate and postgraduate medical, nursing, other healthcare and social sciences students, as well as professionals looking to refresh their knowledge.
Community reviewsWrite a Review
No Community reviews