Dr. Qidong Yun is Associate Professor in Media and Communication Studies. He holds a PhD from Loughborough University, a Graduate Certificate in Statistics (with Distinction) from Sheffield University, an MA (with Distinction) in Publishing from Oxford Brookes University and a BA from Wuhan University.
He has experience in publishing industry, and had taught communication and publishing courses at Shantou University before joining UIC. His research interests include political economy of media, new media studies and digital publishing. His monograph, China's Publishing Industry: from Mao to the Market, was published by Elsevier in 2018.
- Political economy of media
- Digital media and society
- Digital publishing
- Quantitative social research methods
- PhD, Media and Communication, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Graduate Certificate (Distinction), Statistics, Sheffield University, United Kingdom
- MA (Distinction), Publishing, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom
- BA, Library and Information Science, Wuhan University, China
Source: United International College - Beijing, China